Job - Administrative Business Manager
Are you looking for a balanced innovative company, a company who allows you to balance your home and professional life, a team who are friendly and social, of whom you can work with on a personal level?
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is looking for a career rather than just a job, as the right candidate will receive excellent training as well as support with the development of their own career aspirations. The role requires a special person who is methodical and practical with a high level of attention to detail and a pro-active and flexible attitude to work. You’ll be a team player who is considered a safe pair of hands and who loves the excitement and challenge of new opportunities.
Your role as Business Manager will involve developing strong working relationships directly with internal stakeholders, external clients and offshore partners to deliver the highest standard of service. You will contribute towards the financial and business side of all the company’s activities.
- Calculate and forecast net income, net profit, gross-profit, EBIT, ROI, write-offs (deprecation, amortization of various assets) and operating expenses for various innovation projects pursued by the company, including start-up projects
- Support the management in KPI and financial budgeting and forecasting
- Regular review of KPI performance
- Providing key stake holders with management reports regarding the verticals revenue and EBITDA performance
- Produce the Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow for various projects pursued by the company
- Prepare Budget and Forecast statements for various projects pursued by the company
- Work on a portfolio of client accounts and partners accounts, including vendors
- Research equipment to purchase, communicate with suppliers and purchase the items on behalf of the company
- Purchase ledger processing including supplier statement reconciliation
- Information gathering on business requirements
- Identifying and defining potential solutions and options
- Obtaining formal agreement from large and potentially diverse set of stakeholders
- Self manage i.e. take responsibility for own new business activities as part of a growing team who will be undertaking similar activities, whilst being supported by the Sales Director on complex large pitches and strategies
- Create and be accountable for all client proposals, contracts and any other related documentation, along with company procedures
- Maintain, review and implement stringent financial controls
- Sales ledger processing, including credit control
- Corporate tax compliance & reporting
- Reconcile, match and process business credit card statements
- Process monthly journals such as payroll, depreciation, accruals and prepayments
- Preparation of VAT calculations and VAT returns
- Maintenance of fixed asset registers
- General office related work (dealing with incoming and outgoing post, general administration and typing of documents, being responsible for archiving and document storage, etc.)
- Payroll and data input
- Ad hoc reporting
- a BSc or MSc degree in Business, Economics, Accounting or related areas
- 5+ years experience as a Business Manager or a similar position
- Significant experience of delivering analysis and business consultancy, particularly in the early pre projects stages of the life cycle
- Experience of working on multiple projects and priorities, with different stakeholders
- Experience of building strong, credible relationships with senior stakeholders
- Experience of working within financial services is desirable
- Analytical mind set, capability to interpret data and drive business conclusions
- Optimization and BI experience from with in CRM and business financial analysis
- Ability to work across functions and locations
- Ability to present a sound business case and findings as a result of interpreting large amounts of data
- Understanding of financial reporting including income statements and balance sheets
- Good knowledge of EXCEL, Word & Microsoft Office (or LibreOffice)
- Excellent communication skills both written & verbal
- Planning & completing a diverse range of assignments
- The candidate must be able to operate without supervision Sage Line 50 accounting software and Quickbooks Pro in order to maintain customer records.
- Willing to work as part of a team which consists of experienced members as well as interns;
- Be driven to progress a career and grow a team
- Excellent touch-typing skills
- English 6 / English Course B / IELTS Academic 6.5 or higher / TOEFL iBT total score of 575. All applicants who wish to apply to a position at Skanatek must document that they have met the English requirements for the position. Even applicants with English as their first language must document that they meet the requirements for the position they have applied for.
If you do not qualify for this position due to the lack of formal education or experience, you can try a similar Internship position in our company.
Why this position is cool
- It is remote, there is no need to visit the office. You are free to work from home or any other location as long as you do your daily reports (tasks completed, time spent, time estimated);
- Flexible schedule. You can work 9 to 5 or at night or early in the morning - or at any other time slots suitable for you;
- Interesting projects. You will work on projects that matter and which make people’s lives better;
- Informal and flexible atmosphere. Do you have a suit? Good, you do not need one at this position;
- Your voice can be heard. The more experience you accumulate over time, the more freedom in decision making you will get.
It might happen that you could be eligible for one of the Arbetsförmedlingen’s support programs:
If you know that you are eligible, please mention that in your application (you can check your eligibility at your local Arbetsförmedlingen office).
Why you should join
Would like to know even more? You can read about what we do and how we do it in our blog.
Whom we expect to see in the team
We prefer to enhance our team with generalists, because they tend to perform more efficiently compared to specialist in ever-changing situations. That means that it is absolutely ok if you lack some specific skills in your CV, but it also means that the range of the tasks assigned to you will be very broad.
How to apply for this position
Please make sure that your CV proves that you meet all the requirements for the position and send the CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In case you have some disability, please do not hesitate to tell us about that; we will try to adjust to make the interview more comfortable for you.
We reserve the right to not respond to any applications that we receive.