Job - Graphical/UI/UX Designer
As a Graphical/UI/UX Designer you will work end to end through discovery and production in an agile team. You will gather initial requirements; work directly with Users, produce mock ups, build prototypes, etc. You will be someone that is confident at talking with users and the technology teams.
You will be working across a number of different projects such as responsive websites, interactive data visualisation, and B2B tools. The successful UX designer will need a portfolio of creative user experience outcomes and some visual / interface skills.
What you will do:
- Create elegant and simple digital experiences and manifest them in digital UI’s accross different platforms (mobile, desktop, on-board, etc.)
- Conduct user research and requirements analysis, task and concept modelling, information architecture and interaction design, and concept/usability testing.
- Design interactions using an iterative process, based on evidence from deep customer insight, and gathered through interviews, studies, analytics, usability testing and more.
- Create user experience specifications, personas, user journeys, interactive prototypes and information architecture tools such as site maps and navigation models.
- Create designs for web, print and other media.
- Work closely with design and development teams to ensure the UX specification is successfully translated into visual design and code.
- Bachelor’s degree in User Interaction / Graphical Design or other related field;
- MSc in User Interaction / Graphical Design or equivalent is preferred and BSc is required;
- 5+ years of HTML5 and CSS3 Development experience (proven by your portfolio)
- Experience taking a thorough brief and working autonomously while being able to lias with stakeholders and the team to specific project / design guidelines.
- Adobe Creative Suite
- User Interface Design
- Responsive Design
- HTML5, CSS3 & SASS
- Design Patterns
- Mobile First Development
- Continuous Delivery
- Scrum & Kanban
- Willing to work as part of a team which consists of experienced members as well as interns;
- Understanding of Design Concepts
- Understanding of GUI Design
- Strong communication skills;
- English 6 / English Course B / IELTS Academic 6.5 or higher / TOEFL iBT total score of 575. All applicants who wish to apply to a position at Skanatek must document that they have met the English requirements for the position. Even applicants with English as their first language must document that they meet the requirements for the position they have applied for.
If you do not qualify for this position due to the lack of formal education or experience, you can try a similar Internship position in our company.
Why this position is cool
- It is remote, there is no need to visit the office. You are free to work from home or any other location as long as you do your daily reports (tasks completed, time spent, time estimated);
- Flexible schedule. You can work 9 to 5 or at night or early in the morning - or at any other time slots suitable for you;
- Interesting projects. You will work on projects that matter and which make people’s lives better;
- Informal and flexible atmosphere. Do you have a suit? Good, you do not need one at this position;
- Your voice can be heard. The more experience you accumulate over time, the more freedom in decision making you will get.
It might happen that you could be eligible for one of the Arbetsförmedlingen’s support programs:
If you know that you are eligible, please mention that in your application (you can check your eligibility at your local Arbetsförmedlingen office).
Why you should join
Would like to know even more? You can read about what we do and how we do it in our blog.
Whom we expect to see in the team
We prefer to enhance our team with generalists, because they tend to perform more efficiently compared to specialist in ever-changing situations. That means that it is absolutely ok if you lack some specific skills in your CV, but it also means that the range of the tasks assigned to you will be very broad.
How to apply for this position
Please make sure that your CV proves that you meet all the requirements for the position and send the CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In case you have some disability, please do not hesitate to tell us about that; we will try to adjust to make the interview more comfortable for you.
We reserve the right to not respond to any applications that we receive.